Speakers from the top companies in the Bitcoin industry will present a full-day mini-conference of Bitcoin-related content during the SXSW 2015 Interactive Festival. The event will take place Monday, March 16, at SXSW’s Startup Village in the Austin Grand Ballroom of the Hilton Downtown in Austin, Texas.
The event will feature five sessions focusing on topics about the Bitcoin industry, with information from basic to advanced. Good and bad myths will be addressed, and speakers will share their vision for a future with Bitcoin.
The hour-long sessions for the day are titled “What is Bitcoin?,” “Bitcoin 2.0,” “A Future with Bitcoin,” “Impact on Developing World,” and “Real World Applications.”
Speakers for the event include:
- Nic Cary, co-founder at Blockchain
- Stephen Pair, CEO and co-founder at BitPay
- Will O’Brien, CEO and co-founder at BitGo
- Tatiana Moroz, founder at Crypto Media Hub
- Charlie Lee, creator of Litecoin and engineering manager at Coinbase
- Jed McCaleb, co-founder at Stellar Development Foundation
- Constance Choi, principal at Seven Advisory
- Tina Hui, CEO and founder at Follow the Coin
- Dan Elitzer, founding president at MIT Bitcoin Club
- Jake Benson, CEO and founder at LibraTax
- Connie Gallippi, executive director and founder at the BitGive Foundation
- Jonathan Zobro, co-founder at 37coins
- Sebastian Serrano, CEO and co-founder at BitPagos
- Sean Percival, venture partner at 500 Startups
- Adam Ludwin, founder at Chain.com
- Nick Sullivan, CEO and founder at ChangeTip
- Vinny Lingham, CEO and co-founder at Gyft
- Adam Draper, CEO and founder at Boost VC
Bitcoin at SXSW 2015 is sponsored by BitPay, Gyft, LibraTax, ChangeTip, and Chain. Information about speakers, sessions, and sponsors can be found at www.BitcoinAustin2015.com. The event is organized by volunteers Naveed Lalani, Christa Clark, and Chris Hogue.
The SXSW Interactive Festival, taking place March 13- 17, has come to be known as the place to preview the technology of tomorrow. The event will feature five days of compelling presentations and panels from the brightest minds in emerging technology.
It will also include networking events hosted by industry leaders and a lineup of special programs showcasing the best new websites, video games, and startup ideas the community has to offer. Registration information for SXSW Interactive Festival is at http://sxsw.com/interactive.